Wednesday 9th February 2022
Minutes of General Meeting 7th February, 2022
Minutes of Meeting – Monday7th February– 8pm at the Waggon and Horses, Marton
Present approx. 14 members including Joy, Liz, Jan, Maggie, Marjorie, Heather, Pat and Katie from the committee
Apologies: Kristine Pemberton, Anna Mather, Nicola Phillips
Chairman’s Report – Joy
Joy chaired the meeting and welcomed everyone
- Biddulph valley way: More trees down in the winds Joy has contacted ranger
- Jumping -postponed until March – hope to run improvers group and beginners’ group intime for camp.
- Joy would like to see some of the newer members that are coming to camp to get to know the combinations.
- Recent changes to the Highway code seem positive.
- Horse and Hound featured a new phone app that lists bridleways- Joy will share the article.
Treasurer’s report – Maggie Marincovic
Nb – this includes camp deposits that have started to come in.
Membership – Katie Newport Membership- 28 joined so far this year-
2021 membership runs until April and will need be renewed before attending camp
Social Report – Pat Guerin
- Christmas meal went very well
- Plan to run dog agility again this year in July- date TBC
- The Congleton ride was supported by BBA helpers
Flatwork sessions- have been arranged for evenings and Saturdays. Including pole work, drill riding and Thursday night.
Check the website and Facebook for details or contact Heather (for evenings) or Kristine (for Saturdays)
Dates 25th-27th April- Somerford park.
Numbers are looking positive- its approx. half full.
Plan to have smaller groups and stagger the lessons through the day to make full use of the facilities.
Cath Cromarty has offered to run some TREC sessions at camp.
Meal and AGM on the Monday night- information to follow.
Possibility of lunches being made available for campers.
- A new bridleway in Staffordshire which links Chatterley Whitfield, the new cycle way, the disused railway line, Golden hill, and goes to the ski slope at Stoke has finally been approved. Includes nice gallop across the disused golf course. For more details Anndrea is familiar with this and North Staffordshire Bridleways Association (NSBA) organize rides in the area-Anndrea is meeting Jane Rigby to explore the area.
- . • Staffordshire still have a huge backlog of paths which they should address in the next 18 months 160 bridleways under investigation- nothing is happening and meetings have been cancelled.
- Cheshire are also struggling to deliver the bridleways; they have done 1 footpath in the last 2 years. There are a few paths around the new Congleton by-pass where it is possible to ride on paths. We should be raising these where possible to try and convert them to bridlepaths
- Peover Water tower bridleway. Jan Dobson has ridden it recently and reports all ok- However it will be quite wet after the recent rain.
- BHS have spoken to Anndrea regarding the proposed changes in Macclesfield Forrest- she will share the details – There is currently very limited parking for horseboxes.
- There is a good bridleway behind the Waggon and Horses pub- parking can be arranged by ringing the pub.
NEXT MEETING WILL BE THE AGM ON MONDAY 25TH APRIL AT SOMERFORD